Monthly Archives:May 2017
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 7PM–8PM
Bennington Heights School Library
The hardscape (paved area) around the school will be removed and replaced this Summer 2017.
- The School Principal and School Council have been working with the TDSB Construction & Design Group to upgrade the hardscape and outdoor landscape.
- This project started last spring when HYDRO ONE offered to donate $85,000 to the school to benefit the surrounding community for their patience with the hydro ungrades.
- School Council was able to fundraise an additional $100,000 to complete the funds required to improve the school yard landscape.
- Construction is targeted for this summer and to be completed for the start of school in September 2017.
- The area will be fenced off for safety BUT the one playscape beside the baseball diamond and the baseball diamond will be accessible.WHAT ARE THE IMPROVEMENTS?
- Remove and replace the asphalt. Re-grade and improve drainage
- Add 2 new basketball nets and paint a proper court on the new asphalt
- Paint new line games on asphalt
- Add a fence and gate around the parking lot near the front of the school for safetyregulations
- Access and landing improvement for door area where kids play wall ball
- Add 2 new mini soccer goals with nets
- Add 2 new 3 row bleachers for soccer and baseball viewing
- Field and grass improvements (Scheduled for 2018)